Do you think you’ve got what it takes to take out the title of WAM’s Song of The Year competition?
If you’re a musician, producer or composer from Western Australia, you could be in the running to take out one of the state’s most prestigious awards and relish in over $45,000 worth of incredible prizes.
The WAM Song of The Year competition is now open, with over $45,000 worth of prizes and a once-in-a-lifetime chance to propel your musical career on offer.
The WAM Song of The Year competition is open to musicians of any genre, including Blues/Roots, Country, Electronic, Experimental, Folk, Jazz, Metal/Heavy, Punk/Hardcore, Pop, Rock, Urban/Hip Hop and World.
Plus, this year, extra categories include Schools 14 Years & Under, Schools 15-17, Outstanding Indigenous and Outstanding Regional. With such varied guidelines, you’ve got no excuse not to enter.
Category prizes include:
– $500 and a free day of recording with some of WA’s best recording engineers and producers
Grand prize includes:
– $3,000 cash
– A national media servicing campaign for a single or release through Firestarter Distribution
– $1,000 voucher towards any vinyl pressing courtesy of Rhubarb Records & XVinylX
– A two-week radio ad campaign from RTRFM
– A two-day recording and production session with Best Sound Engineer/ Producer (studio) WAMAward recipient, Andy Lawson of Debaser Studio
– 500 posters distributed by The Poster Girls
– The opportunity for a publishing & sync licensing deal with Perfect Pitch Publishing, plus a tutorial in publishing and licensing and ongoing industry mentoring
– $600 towards a delicious feast thanks to our friends at Bivouac
– 1 night’s stay at the Alex Hotel
– 4 sets of state-of-the-art triple hybrid-driver AF140 in-ear monitors by Audiofly Pro
– Photoshoot including photo editing from music photographer Cam Campbell from @placeorpoint
– Free orchestral arrangement and recording thanks to Macando Music
– 4 x 6-month Spotify subscriptions
– 2 x annual I Heart Songwriting Club memberships
– WAMFest 2019 performance offer
– Two passes to WAMCon 2019
Two runners up will each receive a huge prize of $1,000 in cash to use towards their future music endeavours, plus a limited pressing of 20 cassette tapes thanks to Space Cassette, one annual I Heart Songwriting membership and a double pass to this year’s annual WAMCon.
Entering is easy! You’ve got from now until 5 pm on the 25th of March to enter your application over at www.songoftheyear.com.au. There is a prize entry fee, but members of WAM receive a 3-for-1 price for their first three entries.
For more information, head over to the WAM website.