In an interview at the Grammys, Mick Fleetwood has revealed that Fleetwood Mac likely won’t continue after the death of Christine McVie.
At the Grammys on Saturday night, the drummer seemingly confirmed that Fleetwood Mac are “done”. Following the death of Christine McVie, Fleetwood said he truly thinks “the line in the sand has been drawn”.
“I’d say we’re done,” he said, “but then we’ve all said that before. It’s sort of unthinkable right now”. Fleetwood said he would be performing in the near future, but not with Fleetwood Mac.
McVie passed away on November 30, aged 79, after a short illness. Prior to her death, she had revealed she was unsure whether she’d tour with Fleetwood Mac again, stating that she was “in quite bad health” and suffering from chronic back issues.
Earlier last year, McVie released an album titled Songbird, a collection of songs from two of her previous albums, as well as several unreleased songs.
Fleetwood went on to explain that the other members of Fleetwood Mac were busy working on other projects. “They all get out and play, so I’m gonna be doing the same thing, finding people to play with”.
His statements at the Grammys come after he shared a eulogy from McVie’s memorial service on Instagram earlier this month. He described McVie as someone who “gifted so much to millions around the world”. “She is being remembered Everywhere. Just as her song says, ‘I want to be with you everywhere,‘ and she is”.