It’s almost time for us to unveil the judges, details and best of all, prizes for Needle In The Hay 2019!
Needle In The Hay is Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent music competition, an annual event giving one artist the chance to have their music pressed to vinyl. All artists from Australia and New Zealand are welcome to enter – and for a limited time we’re offering early birds a discount.
Want your music pressed to vinyl? Enter Needle In The Hay before early bird submissions close!
- Paste the URL for your album or EP (either released or unreleased) to the NitH enter page and pay the $5 entry fee via PayPal – please only submit streamable links (Soundcloud or Bandcamp only), any other submissions may be delayed or voided.
- The Happy team will listen to every submission and decide on 10 finalists.
- From the 10 finalists, three guest judges will choose the winner and runners-up.
Please note that NitH is open only to Australian or New Zealand artists, either signed or independent. You CAN submit multiple albums and EPs, however, these must be separate entries. Demos are a-ok too!
Enter Needle In The Hay Here
1st Prize: 250 x 12″ vinyl copies of your album or EP pressed by Zenith Records with full colour packaging, plus more to be announced.
Runner-Up Prizes: Over $20,000 in instruments, studio and high-end recording gear, software, mastering packages and more will be up for grabs for all 10 finalists. We’re announcing these details very soon!
Previous Needle In The Hay winners were Spacey Jane, who won the 7-inch single comp with their track Thrills, and Kardajala Kirridarra who won the inaugural contest with their self-titled debut album. For their troubles, both bands took home 250 copies of their single/album pressed to vinyl by Zenith Records.
We’re also almost ready to announce 2019’s set of esteemed judges. Previous NitH judges include Jen Cloher, Aaron Curnow (Spunk Records), Julia Wilson (Rice Is Nice), Monkey Marc, Magoo, and Jake Stone (Bluejuice).
• Only submit Soundcloud or Bandcamp links. All other submissions may be difficult to process. Please check your links are working before you send them.
• Yes, managers and labels can enter on behalf on artists.
• Yes, signed artists can enter the comp.
• Yes, demos are a-ok.
• Yes, your music will stay 100% private.
• Yes, if you’ve already released your album or EP on vinyl, or if it has featured on another release, that’s totally ok.
• Yes, you can enter old albums or EPs.