Cat Power, Iggy Pop, Peaches, and Joan As Policewoman are set to feature on Marianne Faithful’s tribute album
Word has dropped that a tribute album for Marianne Faithful (76) – best known for her raspy vocals, and killer tune ‘ As Tears Go By’ – set to feature the incomparable Cat Power and Joan As Police Woman is on its way.
The appropriately titled tribute album “The Faithfull” was announced today, and we believe it would be hard to find a more fitting name.
This musical homage is gearing up to be something, featuring a lineup that includes Cat Power and Iggy Pop, and Peaches and Shirley Manson. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There’s a whole lot more talent lined up to pay their respects to this legendary artist.
The official press release has still to land on my hot lap, but rest assured, Marianne Faithfull’s enduring legacy is about to be celebrated in a way that’ll have us all hitting the repeat button. Stay tuned for more details to come.
Disc One – Side A
1. “As Tears Go By” – Tracy Bonham
2. “This Little Bird” – Tanya Donelly & the Parkington Sisters
3. “Summer Nights” – Josie Cotton
4. “Sister Morphine” – Sylvia Black
5. “Working Class Hero” – Cat Power & Iggy Pop
Disc One – Side B
6. “Why D’Ya Do It” – Shirley Manson & Peaches
7. “Brain Drain” – Pom Poms
8. “Guilt” – Bush Tetras
9. “Broken English” – Joan As Policewoman
10. “The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan” – Tammy Faye Starlite & Barry Reynolds