happy mag subscription

Iconic magazine Rolling Stone is up for sale to the highest bidder

Serving for so many years as a vital music news source in both the print and digital worlds, it’s sad to say that Rolling Stone Magazine is being sold by founding owner Jann Wenner.

rolling stone magazine

With Rolling Stone Magazine’s 50th birthday right around the corner, the controlling shares of the publication will go to the highest bidder. Fingers crossed, the new buyer continues the magazine’s legacy.

Wenner recently told the New York times that despite loving and enjoying his job, letting go was the smart option ahead of a rapidly changing digital era.

With Singapore music technology company BandLab Technologies owning 49% of Rolling Stone as of last year, Wenner is certain the remaining 51% will be purchased by someone with strong financial backing.

With Wenner and his son Gus admitting the changing state of publication industry has been a challenge, one can only hope the new owner of Rolling Stone embraces the diverse and limitless digital age without fucking shit up.

Via Your EDM.

FIND OUT MORE

Leave a Reply

September 20, 2017