Want to work alongside Happy Mag’s team? We’re hiring a new staff writer and it could be you!
Happy is looking for a highly motivated and ambitious writer to join our growing team of arts and culture lovers.
Working alongside the existing editorial team your experience from other writing roles in the arts will see you dive right into regular news pieces, reviews and researched features. Knowledge of the Australian music and youth media landscape would be a huge bonus!
- Pitching and writing daily news, reviews and various feature content
- The confidence and experience to self edit on a tight deadline
- The activation of your written content across social media platforms
- Collaborate with the wider team on client and prospective client projects
- Support the account manager in the planning and execution of client campaigns and ideation
- Provide regular reporting to internal stakeholders in weekly team WIPs
- Represent Happy Media at industry events and partner activations
- Minimum 3 years experience in a commercially focused writing or editing role
- A strong foundation in the editorial aspects of WordPress
- Experience using Google and Facebook Analytics
- Experience using Mailchimp
- Experience delivering client-focused written content
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe suite to support the published content would be a bonus
Happy Media is a digital publishing network and events company that directly connects with thousands of Australian arts and music lovers aged between 18-35 every single day. The Happy Media team are musicians, gamers, artists, readers, and creative writers. With these authentic, grassroots connections, Happy quickly outgrew its early competitors and became Australia’s largest truly independent youth publisher.
We are aware of research that women are less likely than men to apply for a role where they do not meet 100% of the quoted requirements. We encourage all women and female-identifying people to apply for this position if they believe they are a truly great candidate even if they may not meet one or two of the above requirements.
To apply, email [email protected] with your CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!