YouTube and Universal Group are remastering more than 100 of the most iconic standard definition music videos for the HD throwback experience.
Universal Group and YouTube have teamed up to remaster your favourite classic music videos from standard definition into crisp HD.
The partnership will ensure that future generations can feast their eyes on some of the most iconic early 2000s uploads.
The remastered videos will include work from The Beastie Boys, Billy Idol, Janet Jackson, Lady Gaga, Kiss, The Killers, Lionel Richie, Meat Loaf and Tom Petty to name a few.
Many of the videos uploaded to YouTube in its early days were mastered for small TVs with mono speakers. Today, the videos are shared across phones, laptops and desktops.
The remaster will ensure some of the greatest hits look, and sound, like they did when we first fell in love with them. Check out some of the newly updated music videos for :
- Billy Idol – White Wedding
- Beastie Boys – Sabotage
- Boyz II Men – End of the Road
- George Strait – Check Yes or No
- Janet Jackson – When I Think of You
- KISS – Forever
- Lady Antebellum – I Run To You
- Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
- Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved
- Meat Loaf – I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
- No Doubt – Don’t Speak
- Gwen Stefani – Hollaback Girl
- Smokey Robinson – Being With You
- The Killers – Mr. Brightside
The plan announced today is to remaster over 1,000 videos by the end of 2020. According to YouTube, more videos will arrive every week as the program continues. Stay tuned.