Want to join the Happy Mag team? We’re looking for a new designer to join us in our Newtown-based office.
Happy Mag is a progressive publisher in the emerging music, art, and culture space and we have firmly established ourselves as a leading tastemaker for hundreds of thousands of weekly readers.
We are currently on the lookout for a senior graphic designer/editor and all-round creative to join our team.
Happy Mag is experimental, adventurous, and bold with our content creation, inviting the whole team to contribute to our regular ideation sessions. We collaborate regularly with both established and emerging artists and musicians and our events have been a long standing at-capacity affair.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of elevating brands through graphics, and digital content creation through a multitude of disciplines and roles. With at least 5 years commercial experience, your portfolio needs to demonstrate a flair for design and a keen interest in conceptual development through multiple mediums.
Reporting directly to our MD your responsibilities will include:
- Working on a range of internal Happy Mag campaign collateral pieces including the quarterly mag, motion graphics and explainer videos
- Developing branded concepts for new events and other internal projects including client based work
- Taking ideas from concept to creation with all of the above disciplines in mind
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Have no less than 5 years commercial design experience
- Will be just as comfortable in Premiere as they are in InDesign or Photoshop
- Strong layout, typographical, illustrative and graphic design skills
- An inherent ability and passion to transform ideas into concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A belief that good design does change the world
- The ability to adapt and learn quickly to a fast paced environment
- Feel equally at home working alone or in a group