Returning for the second year ever, Happy Mag are presenting NZ Week: a week’s worth of content spotlighting New Zealand as one of the world’s most exciting creative and cultural hubs.
We’re in constant awe at the quality of music and art that our closest neighbours create. Beyond the art itself, New Zealand harbours an incredible industry community, from promoters to venues, festivals to gear manufacturers, and much more.
Happy Mag’s NZ Week has returned. From October 21st through to the 27th, we’ll be spotlighting the incredible music, art, and culture New Zealand has to offer.
We’ve always been eager to include NZ artists in our tastemaking processes; from opening entries to our Needle In The Hay vinyl comp to New Zealand, to regularly profiling and covering the nation’s artists. Last year New Zealand’s own Avantdale Bowling Club also ranked #5 in our Top 100 Songs of 2018.
Throughout the week we’ll be bringing you the most exciting new artists the country has to offer, plus articles spotlighting New Zealand’s best indie art spaces, photographers, boutique gear manufacturers, and more.
NZ Week 2019
- 10 Essential New Zealand Artists to Watch
- New Zealand’s 10 Best Albums of 2019
- 10 of New Zealand’s Best Indie Galleries and Art Spaces
- 5 Boutique Audio Manufacturers from New Zealand
- 10 of New Zealand’s Finest Music Festivals
- 10 of New Zealand’s Best Contemporary Photographers