Want to work alongside Happy Mag’s team? We’re hiring a new writing intern and it could be you!
Happy Mag are looking for new writing interns to join our team. Please note due to the current COVID-19 restrictions this role will initially be remote, but applicants will be expected to work from our Sydney office when restrictions are listed.
We are looking for writers and music lovers to join our team of contributors for one or two days per week, depending on your schedule. So if you’re gifted with a pen (or keyboard) and you’re always plugged in, with a passion for Aussie music, arts, and culture, then we’d love to hear from you!
The experience could be accredited with relevant media and journalism qualifications, and a letter of reference can be provided.
The role is initially unpaid, however, as we expand our editorial output we hope to develop a full-time in-house role for the right candidate. We wouldn’t expect any work-related or out-of-pocket costs to arise, however, these would of course be covered if necessary.
Some skills and specifications that would be highly regarded include:
- Experience in a writing role in the arts, publishing or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of the music and arts scene in Sydney and beyond
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills including editing, spelling, and grammar
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
The job specification looks something like this:
- Researching relevant and interesting news stories
- Write highly compelling articles to strict deadlines
- Develop high-quality features and conduct compelling interviews
To apply, email [email protected] with your CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!