Want to join the Happy Mag and Clocked team? We’re looking for a new Gaming Partnerships Manager to join us in our Newtown-based office.
Happy Mag is a progressive publisher in the emerging music, art, and culture space and we have firmly established ourselves as a leading tastemaker for hundreds of thousands of weekly readers. In March 2019, Happy Mag also launched a dedicated gaming channel called Clocked.
We are currently on the lookout for an experienced Gaming Partnerships Manager to join our team and lead the sales for Clocked.
Gaming is now the world’s largest entertainment industry: encompassing next-gen consoles, indie releases and AAA blockbusters, hi-tech gear, conventions, and more!
Right now, there is no better value proposition in Australia for any gaming brand trying to build a groundswell of support and sales than a partnership with Happy Media.
This unique and highly sought after role will see you initiate conversations with new and existing partners and grow Happy’s already strong network of long-term, trusted relationships with our commercial gaming partners.
- Identify and pursue new partnership opportunities
- Cultivate growth within your client portfolio
- Deliver against individual quarterly retention and up-sell targets
- Collaborate with the sales team to close new business opportunities
- Support the Sub-Editor in the planning and execution of client campaign ideation
- Provide regular reporting to internal stakeholders in weekly and quarterly team WIPs
- Prepare and present regular reporting on campaign status to clients as and when appropriate
- Represent Happy Media at industry events and partner activations
- Keep clients updated on new product opportunities
- Minimum 3 years experience in a commercially focused relationship management role which should include at least 1 year in Australian media sales
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Asana and Copper CRM) and MS Office or and Google Docs (particularly spreadsheets)
- Experience using Google and Facebook Analytics
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Arts and culture industry experience and / or a current media agency network an advantage