One of the rarest items in Prince’s catalogue has been confirmed for a Record Story Day reissue.
The Versace Experience – Prelude 2 Gold is one of the most sought after pieces in the late artist’s collection. For good reason.
Record Store Day have delivered the goods yet again with Prince’s The Versace Experience – Prelude 2 Gold being set for re-issue.
In 1995, Prince elected to do something rather special for the attendees of the Versace collection at Paris Fashion Week. Before he release his 1995 album The Gold Experience, he created a one-off mixtape and handed them out to people at the event.
Featuring a number of exclusive tracks and remixes as well as tunes byThe New Power Generationand Madhouse, the incredibly rare tape was issued under the moniker The Artist Formerly Known As Prince.
It has gone on the be one of the most sought after items in his back catalogue, with a single copy fetching $5,460 back in 2016. Of course this isn’t the only Prince record to fetch a pretty price. In fact in 2017 a cache of The Black Album were discovered with one selling for over $42,000.
Released on cassette, the item will be limited to just 4,000 copies around the globe. So if you’re looking to buy in on a piece of history we suggest you jump in real quick.
2019 is looking to be one of the biggest Record Store Days to date, check out the rest of the amazing releases here.
For more info, scope the track list to the mixtape below:
1. Prince – ‘Pussy Control (Club Mix) (Edit)’
2. Prince – ‘Shhh (X-cerpt)’
3. The New Power Generation – ‘Get Wild In The House’
4. Prince – ‘Eye Hate U (Remix)’
5. Prince – ‘319 (X-cerpt)’
6. Prince – ‘Shy (X-cerpt)’
1. Prince – ‘Billy Jack Bitch’
2. Madhouse – ‘ Sonny T. (X-cerpt)’
3. Madhouse – ‘ Rootie Kazootie (Edit)’
4. Prince – ‘Chatounette Controls’
5. Prince – ‘Pussy Control (Control Tempo) (Edit)’
6. The New Power Generation Orchestra – ‘Kamasutra Overture #5’
7. The New Power Generation – ‘Free The Music’
8. Prince – ‘Segue’
9. Prince – ‘Gold (X-cerpt)’