New Zealand squeezes out some of the globe’s best music and art, though unfortunately very little of that brilliance makes it across to Australia.
That’s why we’re dedicated to shining a light on all the best music, art and culture that our neighbour has to offer. Introducing NZ Week.
Introducing Happy Mag’s NZ Week; an entire week dedicated to spotlighting the incredible music, art, and culture of New Zealand.
We’re stoked to announce Happy Mag’s inaugural NZ Week, an entire week of content dedicated to New Zealand’s incredible catalogue of artists, musicians, labels, and businesses that foster and support creative communities.
We’ve always been eager to include NZ artists in our tastemaking processes; from opening entries to our Needle In The Hay vinyl comp to New Zealand, to regularly profiling and covering the nation’s artists.
NZ Week has officially commenced. We’ll be updating this article with the coverage as it comes through – check out what’s happened so far:
- The NZ Week Party
- The Beths live at Enmore Audio
- 10 Essential New Zealand Artists to Watch
- 10 of New Zealand’s Best Live Music Venues
- 5 of New Zealand’s Best Recording Studios
- 10 Incredible Female Artists from New Zealand
- New Zealand’s 10 Best Community Radio Stations
- 5 of New Zealand’s Brightest Visual Artists
- 10 New Zealand Labels You Should Be Listening To
- 4 Fantastic Queer Artists from New Zealand
- 5 Incredible Boutique Pedal Makers From New Zealand
Special thanks to Young Henrys, Audio-Technica Australia, Sydney Underground Film Festival, New Zealand Music Commission, and NZ On Air Music for supporting Happy Mag’s NZ Week.